The process has been explained in detail below and for all queries and assistance, please reach out us by raising a ticket.
Your mobile number is needed to register on our platform. We strongly recommend you register with your primary mobile number as this is the unique identifier used to tie in to your Zebpay account.
When you open the app, you're first view will be of the supported coins screen.
Please follow the below steps:
Select Let's go. The app will ask for permission to read your mobile phone's IMEI and ISMI number. Tap on Continue.
Click on Allow to give permission to make and manage calls. This is required for generating an OTP. (One Time Password sent to your mobile number).
Choose your country of residence. The country code will auto-populate.
Enter your mobile number without any preceding zeros and spaces.
The verification code screen will come up and you will receive a verification code (OTP) by SMS. The verification code will be read by the application automatically. You also have the option of entering the code manually.
If you don't receive the code via SMS, you can also choose to receive a mobile number verification call, once the countdown timer ends.
Tap on Verify once you receive the code.
- Tap on Setup Account PIN to set the PIN.
- Enter any four digits to set your PIN. This is a unique security code known only to you and neither Zebpay nor its affiliates will ever ask you for it.
- Enter the same four-digit PIN once again to re-confirm your PIN.
- You can change your PIN at any time, using the Change PIN option in the main menu.
This is required as we only communicate with customers through email. You'll also receive an email confirmation for all your transactions and security notifications.
- The system will auto-fetch your default email address from the device itself or you can manually enter this yourself.
- Once you're ready, click on Save.
- The email status will move to Pending and you'll receive an email verification link on your registered email address.
- Once you verify your email address through the link, your email address will be fully registered with us.
- You can change your registered email address at any time from the profile page in the Profile Menu on the app.
Update your KYC ( Know Your Customer) documents
KYC is required to ensure that we're compliant with all laws that are applicable in our countries of operation. You won't be able to use our platform for wallet services, trades, sends/receives and deposit/withdrawals without KYC being done. Here’s how to do it:
National ID Proof
From the app home page, select Update KYC to proceed.
Select your Nationality and Country of Residence by tapping on the respective headers and tap Continue.
The country of residence and nationality cannot be changed once updated.
You can take a photo of your National ID document such as passport or select a saved image from your device.
Click on Confirm after uploading the image.
After uploading your identity proof, your address proof needs to be uploaded.
You can select any document mentioned on the list as an address proof.
You can either click a photo of the identity proof or can select an image from your phone storage or gallery
Tap Confirm after uploading the image.
Video ( Not required for Australian nationals)
Once the address proof is uploaded, the final step is to record your verification video. This is a short 5-second video, which the app will guide you through.
Keep your face within the ecliptic circle.
Individually speak out the three unique digits as mentioned in the app.
Turn your face as per instructions and complete your video.
The consent screen allows us to fulfil the AML and KYC requirements as per relevant regulatory requirements.
It's split into 2 key areas:
- Your source of funds for trade - We'll ask you about your profession and source of funds
- PEP ( Politically exposed person) - This will allow you to declare if you are politically exposed ( including having close relatives or friends who are politically exposed).
Guidelines while uploading documents
- Documents are valid until the expiry date specified on documents submitted. If expired, the document shall be considered invalid.
- Images of both sides of documents should be uploaded.
- Images should be in colour and in high resolution (at least 300 dpi).
- Allowed formats: JPG, PNG.
- File size should not exceed 5 MB.
- Please update your KYC details in English language only.
- To record your video and upload documents, please allow Zebpay app access to your phone camera, microphone, and storage.
- KYC verification status will reflect as pending during the entire process while you upload all your documents and update details as required.
Only after your KYC documents are verified, you will be able to update and verify your bank details. Here's a step-by-by guide on bank verification.