- Smallest unit of Eth is called ‘wei’ and it is the precision of 18 decimal places.
- Zebpay user balances are stored in another unit called ‘szabo’ which has 6 decimal places.
How to send and receive Ethereum
- Token of any sort will not be credited. This includes ERC20 (ICOs) and ERC721.
- It is advisable that you do not send ether directly to any ICO contract. Doing so, ether or any tokens of ether will not be credited to your Zebpay account.
Please note: Make sure to transfer your ethers to ETH addresses only. Please DO NOT forward to ICO Contracts/Tokens.
How many confirmations do Ethereum transactions need
We require more than 100 block confirmations for a transaction to be successful one.
Where do I check my Ethereum transaction
Ethereum transactions can be checked at: etherscan.io/tx/
What is my address type for Ethereum
There are mainly two types of addresses in Ethereum
- Account address: funds are controlled by private key
- Contract address: funds are controlled by smart contract code
For all Zebpay users we assign account addresses.
How to identify the address type
- Unfortunately there is no direct way to identify the type of address just by looking at it.
- Indirectly users can find out if the address is a contract address or account address by searching for that address in https://etherscan.io. If the address is a contract, users can find a tab called contract code on the address page of etherscan. Otherwise its an account address.
What is the sending and receiving limit for Ethereum
- The minimum ether deposit amount per transaction is 0.0001 ether. If you send ether less than the minimum amount, ether will not be credited.
- The maximum ether deposit amount is 3000 ethers.